Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A simple Gratitude Letter to my dad and mom

With father and mother of sealed fate.

Dear Apa and Ama,

This is your son, Jigme Zangpo, writing to express gratitude for having done many meritorious things for me.

I feel great when I am near my parents. The happiest moment was when they came to Phuntsholing last time and celebrated the Meeting of the Nine Evils (ngenpa guzom) at Threma Lhakhang together with the family. Thank you, dad and mom, for coming all the way to meet us.

I know that more than anyone, I know the love and care they need at this stage. I assure you, I will never let you feel upset with your son.

I am very much thankful to have two parents that will, paradoxically, scold me in a loving way. No one knows you better than your parents. They know how to talk to you, give you the right advice, and tell you not to make the mistakes they made. 

I am thankful to have two parents that will support me in anything I do. 

Basically, I’m thankful for having two loving and supportive people who I will always love with all of my heart.

Thank you apa and ama for nurturing me. It is owing to your effort that I can stand in front of a crowd proudly.

And Kadrinche for coming back from Thimphu to celebrate ChungNgepa Losar at Phuntsholing.

With love and affection,

Your son












No comments:

Post a Comment