Friday, October 14, 2016

Count down to stay on earth.

I was feeling sick, so I decided to visit the doctor. She advised me to take medicine for a week. I followed her instructions and took the medicine as prescribed. However, after a week had passed, my condition remained the same. In fact, I was getting worse instead of improving.

Feeling concerned, I went back to see the same doctor. This time, she recommended that I undergo an X-ray and blood test. She asked me to return two days later to collect the results. When I went back after two days, she informed me that the results were not yet ready. She mentioned that it would take three more days to complete the examination of my blood samples. I became confused and wondered why it was taking so long to obtain the results.

Even after three days, I still hadn't received the test results. This left me feeling even more confused. The doctor seemed unable to provide any information about my illness. I started to believe that my condition might be incurable.

On the 14th of October, 1990, a week after my blood sample was taken, I received a call from the doctor, asking me to meet her at her chamber at 2 pm. I went with a heavy heart and took a seat as she offered. I could sense her nervousness as she prepared to deliver the news. Deep down, I knew there was something she couldn't bring herself to say. I gathered my strength and asked her to tell me the truth. She finally confessed that I had been diagnosed with blood cancer.

My world felt as though it was crumbling around me. I knew that my days were now numbered, that I could die today or tomorrow. However, I held onto the belief that Buddha would come to my rescue in the form of Healing Buddha. As I continued taking the medicine, I fervently prayed to Medicine Buddha and Healing Buddha for a miracle. Throughout this challenging time, my parents remained supportive, and I always sought solace in my prayers to Buddha.

Today, on the 14th of October, 2016, the 26th anniversary of my blood cancer diagnosis, I am still alive thanks to the blessings of Buddha and my root teacher. I remain committed to Buddha, Dharma, and Sangha, and I am determined to never give up on life easily. Sometimes miracles happen. I urge you all to cherish and enjoy your lives.

Om Ah Hung Bazer Guru Pad Ma Shi Dhi Hung.

Disclaimer: This story is a work of fiction.

~GURU RINPOCHE


May you bless all scientist being

No comments:

Post a Comment